I am a mixed-media artist working in painting, drawing and photography.
My artistic practice builds on 15 years professional experience in design, innovation, ethnography, and futures. Through my career I’ve designed services, products and businesses in everything from foot care to funerals to financial services. I’ve lived and worked across four continents and explored and shaped the world we live in by blending creativity and business. The characters I’ve worked with and the briefs I’ve worked upon provide direct inspiration and feed directly into my art.
Through my art practice I explore and capture new perspectives about the interactions and impact humans have on their environment. I'm also investigating the intersection between art and design through the questions 'what can design bring to art?' and 'what art can bring to design?' If artists imagine the future and designers make it, how can I evolve my thinking in a way that benefits my career in design and innovation?
I grew up in Yorkshire and now live and work in London.
Awards and achievements:
- Art Challenge 2016 - winning team with the pitch for Benefactor - A crowd-funding platform which connects supporters with artists.
- International Cultural Exchange Programme award (British Council and Cultural Leadership Programme, 2009).
- NESTA Creative Pioneer Programme, £35,000 investment (2005).
- Shortlisted for RSA Design Directions awards (2004).
- Spirit of Creation Service Design scholarship (2003 / 2004).